Sunday, December 19, 2010

BYU-Idaho: Disciple Preparation Center

This past Friday, the newest building on BYU-Idaho campus, The BYU-Idaho Center, was dedicated. President Henry B. Eyring(1st Counselor in the Presidency of the Church), Elder David A. Bednar and Elder Russell M. Nelson (members of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles) came for the dedication.

First of all, the building was PHENOMENAL. I was blown away by the size, design and overall feeling of it. President Clark (the President of BYU-Idaho) said that even though it looks amazing, the wonder of this building is in the work that will happen in there. I know that this building was built for purposes that we don't know but I know that amazing things will happen there. Being at the dedication listening to President Clark, Elder Bednar, Elder Nelson and President Eyring speak about our campus and testifying of our Heavenly Father and of Jesus Christ was definitely one of the best moments of my life. The Spirit was so strong. I could feel of my Heavenly Father's love for me so strongly. He has provided me with so many amazing opportunities to learn, grow, progress and become like our Savior, Jesus Christ. The BYU-Idaho campus is just one example of how much our Heavenly Father loves His children and wants to help them. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to attend this university and partake of all that it has to offer. This university, also called a "Disciple Preparation Center" by Elder Bednar (read his awesome talk about that here), has been provided so that we can structure our lives properly and become followers of Christ. I know it is not just coincidence that I am able to attend this university and I know that the students attending aren't there because it was their next best option but that it is in Heavenly Father's plan for us. We are supposed to be there at this time for a purpose.

I know that everything we have is from Him. One of my teachers this past semester said that our Heavenly Father loves us so much and he wants us to be happy and succeed more than we do. He has blessed us with so much to make this life enjoyable and worthwhile. It is experiences like going to this dedication that put everything in perspective for me and I am once again, so grateful.

To watch the dedication (which you should), go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment