Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why Is Life Hard?

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about trials- the hard times we face in this life. I have come to realize that hard times are going to come whether we are trying our very best to be our very best or we aren't. I believe it is how we deal with these trials that makes all the difference in the world. I have had times where I have tried to deal with my trials on my own and I ALWAYS end up turning to God, pleading with Him to help me through it, to help me feel at peace and to figure out what He would have me do. Why? Because He, is all-knowing and I, am not. He knows me so well. He knows everything about me, the choices I will make, the things I will encounter in my life and my potential. How? Because He is my Heavenly Father and He is yours too. He knows you perfectly. He knows all of His children perfectly.

So, we each have our own unique trials in our lives regardless of what we are doing and we have a God who knows us perfectly.... So what??

I have heard people ask, "Well if He knows me so well and He knows that would be a really hard trial for me, then why does it happen? Why would He let me struggle and suffer??" To that I would say, "What is the purpose of this life?"

I believe this life is for our learning, growing, and refinement. This is our chance to prove that we are willing to do what God asks of us, that we are willing to devote our lives to Him and trust Him. I believe our trials do that for us. I'd say most of us at some point in our lives have had the desire to become a better person in one way or another. God knows what we are capable of becoming more than we do. These trials we have in our lives stretch us so we can become better. How else are we supposed to change and progress??

"If for a while, the harder you try, the harder it gets, take heart. So it has been with the best people who have ever lived."


This is one of my favorite quotes. It gives me hope that the things I am going through will be worth it. I have faith that these experiences will be for my good and help me become the person that God wants me to be. I need to have faith and remember that trials are what make us stronger and that I am never in it alone. I need to trust in His plan for me and that everything will work out for the best, even if I don't understand it at the time.

If you know me at all, you've probably gathered I am a worrier and stress over just about everything. Thus, I am not writing this to inform you that I am super awesome and have mastered having faith and patience during trials because I definitely haven't. I am, however, writing this because surely if it has helped me, if can help you too. And it will. I promise.


Please watch this five minute video. It is so inspiring and full of hope. (I know I've shared it before but it's just that powerful.)


No comments:

Post a Comment